Thread: New Corvette!!!
View Single Post
Old 7 May 2003, 16:55 (Ref:592574)   #23
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly?? The fastest car I've ever driven is an Audi TT!!

THAT BEING SAID, the Corvette got reviewed in Evo against the new NSX, the Porsche C4S, a TVR Tuscan S and the BMW M-Coupe. It came last, obviously, BUT... 1) it still got **** and 2) whilst it was "not worth £50,000" and "difficult not to be cynical with something this big and brash, the Z06 deserves respect as it's a far more serious tool than prejudice would have you believe". Sure, all the other reviews I've read has said it was rubbish, BUT I TRUST EVO as they usually talk sense and are not afraid to go against convention (whilst most of the motoring press have eulagised about the Focus RS, they slated it).

However, I would not bee seen dead in one. It's over priced, its looks and hadling are dated and it's got a nasty image problem which leads to some serious depreciation. I do not own a chest-wig or a medallion either.

I have no desire for a Firebird, a Camaro or a Mustang, let alone a Viper for the same reasons.

To answer the "what is YOUR idea of a sportscar, Tristan??", bearing in mind the 'Vette costs £50,000, I'd have to go for... hmmm... dare I say NSX-R?? Whilst I often find myself disagreeing with Evo (I may SOUND like a kiss-ass...), their current Car of the Year does look the beeswax. But actually I'd probably settle for a Boxter S or a TVR Tamora/T350C and keep the change (save up for an Ferrari, preferably Enzo-ey).