Thread: Programmes Race Programmes
View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1227370)   #11
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirenzo - definitely need to look for a racecard. It's a little A5 sized foldout if I remember rightly for the '74 race. I'll keep an eye out.

I love race programmes. 3000 and counting and looking forward to the Stoneleigh show to perhaps find a few more gapfillers.

The weird thing is that you can never pre-guess what a programme will sell for. The humblest club programme can be worth more than a big international, simply because there were a lot of the big ones printed and lots of people kept them. The toughest post-war ones are for the short-lived circuits such as Boreham, Turnberry, Charterhall and Davidstow. The last Boreham one I needed I had to pay £30 for - for 10 pages of A5.

Pre-war material is a different matter. It's almost impossible to source nowadays and you have to be desparately lucky. And pre-war European programmes - forget it. The lucky owners can virtually write their own cheques.