View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2488235)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I wasn't so concerned about the refuelling issues - although anything that can be done to save on refuelling infrastructure costs a la Britcar 24 hrs is a good thing -
Trouble is, I thought this was an alternative 6hrs thread, not an alternative Birkett thread.

Quote:
but more the ability of a lot of club racing cars to last 6 hours without needing fettling.
We are talking about club racing. However in a relay the cars only have to last one or two hours surely?

Quote:
And I would be hoping for an event that a large proportion of budget conscious clubman can enter. A relay format may just give cars (and drivers) enough time to cool down, be checked over & tightened up for everyone's benefit, without needing the help of a full on professional team in support.
Hmm,

Half the fun of endurance racing is making sure the car is fettled and ready to complete the race (Terry please take note). The other half is the satisfaction of competing. Frankly a relay is of little interest to me, which is why I've never bothered about the Birkett. As to the full time professional team. Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong. Must discuss this with the management.

Yes John I think Silverstone would be ideal which is why I originally proposed the International circuit. Although I do think Snetterton could cope if the run to the pumps was managed properly.