View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3912696)   #69
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
While it’s not unusual for the two MRL grids to combine, as there are some similarities, it will be a bit annoying to those that have cars entered in both.....
Speaking purely from my own point of view as a hobby photographer and spectator, one thing I have always found irritating at the Silverstone Classic is the overlap between the grids.

I'd far rather see something different than have separate races for (for example) both pre-66 and pre-63 GT cars. Similar story for the multiple pre-66 Touring Car grids in some years. Single large grids make for a better viewing spectacle and free up timetable space for more variety, though I recognise that those actually competing are likely to feel differently.