View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3996725)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to each their own of course, but i liked refueling. maybe more the notion of short stints on low fuel and fresh rubber. i find an unnecessary disconnect between Q2 quali times and fastest laps of a race and i also like the strategy implications of long vs shorts runs and think it would be even more interesting given the various tire compounds now also in play.

of course there were safety and cost concerns regarding the refueling rigs, but i feel that less esoteric fuels and less bespoke equipment could perhaps bring the safety towards an acceptable level.

but teams often messed up their refueling, either took too long or just got the real time strategy choices wrong, and this affected races in unpredictable ways. no doubt the teams dont like anything that increases the potential for mistakes though.

of course it didnt happen every race but on occasion we were treated to a special combination of race strategy and driver skill...Schumi in 2004 at France being the classic example of this.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...EyBC401ET.html