View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2020, 15:20 (Ref:4011831)   #324
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
So Lance Stroll tested positive to Covid-19 on the day of the Eifel GP, flew home and self isolated and is now supposedly clear and planning to drive in Portugal this weekend. Hope he did not infect any of his bubble. Getting a positive result and jumping on a plane does not seem that responsible, but .....
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...after-eifel-gp
There's two factors here.
A) There is a big difference between travelling through Frankfurt to get on an A330 and someone like Stroll's version of taking a plane home to Geneva.
B) The test was not carried out before the GP, but was carried out after he had arrived home.

Stroll's statement said: "I arrived at the Nurburgring after testing negative in the normal pre-race tests.
"On Saturday morning, I started to feel unwell and woke up with an upset stomach. I followed FIA (Covid) protocol and self-isolated in my motorhome and did not re-enter the paddock.
"I wasn't fit to race, so I went home early Sunday morning. As I was still feeling under the weather, I took a Covid test on Sunday evening.
"The next day, the results came back positive, so I stayed at home isolating for the next 10 days."