View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2009, 18:04 (Ref:2484666)   #26
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still have my doubts that McLaren (and others) would want to join a series that would so obviously be The Ferrari GP Championship.

This has gone too far - I honestly belive that two months ago a solution was possible - a higher cap for 2010, progressivly lower and the teams support new entrants (none of which are 'GP3' standard as Ferrari put it).

But all the side have now dug in their heals and won't compromise one wheel cap. Sad, sad, sad.

A breakaway series can only have the effect of destroying both F1 and the new series. What happens in 2011 when Renault and BMW pull out? Some of these teams clearly want to leave, but they are almost staying put just to prove a point now.

Lets get beyond our own personal views on the protagonists. I can't stand Max, and think Bernie is determined to drive the sport to destruction in 10 years time for some quick oil bucks now. B-U-T:

All the protagonists involved here have points where they are right and points where they are wrong. Max, Bernie, FOTA. All arguments have strengths and weaknesses. I fear two rival series will simply highlight the weaknesses on both sides rather than a stronger F1 where the positives of both can be allowed.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.