Thread: Race Control...
View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3620461)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm - was the issue race control today or was it the rules or was it the stewards?

The criticisms that COULD be made of race control (based on the TV commentary) were (as best I can remember):
1. How the race was started - there were a couple of teams questioning it but the stewards confirmed it had started and the timing info was correct. On that basis, it seems to me that the TV Commentators & those couple of teams either didn't hear the race start procedure confirmed or there wasn't a message put over the team email system or timing - it could be that race control did the start 100% correct but there was a communication issue. I suspect we'll never know the answer to that one.
2. SVG and JCO contact - seems to me that they redressed and stayed in the same order (although CL did get through) which I believe is considered a remedy in its own right.
3. Maybe being a bit slow putting out the SC during the race - it's always a judgement call and there's often a lot of conflicting info coming into race control so I don't know if they can be hammered for that one.

I think that's about it but if anyone has any others put 'em up.

The time certain finish is not a race control call, it's a rule, same as the 140 litre requirement. Personally I don't agree with either but the blame for them lies elsewhere, not with race control.