View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2016, 02:54 (Ref:3678819)   #3
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
There have been enough shady individuals in sports car to have a season-long weekly series---drug dealers and smugglers and swindlers, people robbing churches and bars and commandeering Indian tribes .... Only problem is it will make everyone think sports car racing is a den of thieves.

As for Pay-per-view ....

Based on what FIA-WEC has insulted us all with .... it would need all the things you mentioned plus Radio Le Mans coverage (even if they call it "IMSA radio") as an option for every session .. and NO COMMERCIALS EVER.

And NEVER any Fox Sports intro music.

And it would need to be a rock-steady reliable stream, every time, all the time.

As a start, they could just tie T&S to the YouTube stream just to prove they can conquer the technical obstacles there.
Good points. I think one episode featuring a race car crook would be good enough by the way.

Also I am certain that the concept of a subscription service for IMSA would include IMSA radio commentary. I think the option to turn them off and hear just the engines through a race or session is cool for when we get to that point we want to watch a replay for the 3rd time or something like that. We love Hindy and Shaw of course! The idea of that comes from seeing some of the free practice sessions for the Blancpain GT races on youtube. They are free of commentary and that was pretty neat. Although I also love John Watson.