View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3855982)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i understand your point but as a series specifically for women drivers...the breakdown of its management, owners, mechanics, or for that matter the gender breakdown of those who will watch it is a separate issue no?
this is where, if it was aligned to dare 2b different, it WOULD be about encouraging female talent in every area of the sport. it's recreating the male-dominated environment in every other form of motorsport but with female drivers - what's the point? why are they putting all this effort in to create an entirely new formula but without the blindingly obvious goal of creating somewhere where female talent can also be nurtured and supported.

i agree with formulafox - pippa mann is entirely correct about this, and there's something about the tone of it all that reminds me of the crap carmen jorda comes out with. that is, some half-arsed commercially created form of girl power, handwritten by the patriarchy, parroted by someone too daft to realise they're talking nonsense.