Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3923419)   #539
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Did i dream that when Silverstone WEC was announced as being reduced to a 4 HR Race, that one positive was that there would be extra time for better support races ?
The race used to be 1200-1800, now it’s 1200-1600. The timetable is otherwise unchanged as far as I can see.

I agree it’s poor, but I don’t understand why it has came as a surprise. The candidates for an extra support were Le Mans Cup, Masters Endurance and maybe GT Cup. We knew none of those were going to be there.

I think the weak field is a better reason not to go than the reduction in time. An extra two hours watching Toyota lap everyone isn’t going to make the race any more enjoyable, either on TV or in person.