View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2008, 06:07 (Ref:2260074)   #33
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is so funny reading the post by people that dont want to support the Homebush Street Race.

If you don't want to support it, dont go. Feel free to miss out on the carnival atmosphere, the excited packed grandstands full of atmosphere, oh and did I mention the atmosphere ?

E.C has no atmosphere.

Who knows how long V8supercars will be around for ? I don't know. So for gods sake, get out there and enjoy this EVENT for what it is while we still have petrol and while we still have a good entertaining bunch of race catagories at our disposal.

Personally, I cant wait to see it. Melbourne, Adelaide & Surfers Paradise have had their big events where the city gets behind them - It is Sydney's turn. I know of at least four interstate friends who will be coming to my city attend my event.

Good on you Tony C. You've at least given Sydney siders a chance to attend an enjoyable event. E.C is not enjoyable, even for the most diehard fans its processional, smelly and boring. The only cars I've ever been excited about around E.C are A1GP - they were awesome round turn one... but our Aussie catagories, well, they just dont suit the layout.

Like I've said before, this wont kill E.C, With Oran Park closing its sure to be fully booked through out the year. E.C is a great track to drive, its just a **** hole to sit and watch domestic motorsport at. The paying public deserve better and thanks to Tony C we now have a better venue and an event to be very proud of.