View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2271855)   #22
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
F3 Rocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
META4 there are guys from gulf countries also, guys backed by countries oil companies and other major sponsors in Malaysia, India, Indonesia, probably China... but problem occurs when they get behind wheel. Most of'em is not experienced enough, or not fast enough to bit Euro/Americans. I know that some of them are older than they should be on that level, but am also certain teams can fill seats with Asians if they need/want to, although most of those guys will struggle with 107% rule, and with machinery they need to drive.

What is respected Championship backed by Asians? AF3? AFR? Sometimes I just don't get your point Lam Pak.
What about Fauzy, Does he fit your Asian Driver profile. He finnished 4th in the championship ahead of many of this seasons GP2 main series "stars". GP2 Asia run in his back yard gave him a great opportunity to race in his region and impress his countrymen and sponsors who support him in Europe how will he get sponsors from Malaysia to support him this season in an "Asian" series with 8 of the races run in the Middle East. I agree with Lam Pak, Asia should be Asia and the rule that one driver should be Asian should have been administered. If I was Asian I would feel aggrieved like Lam Pak,This series needs rebranding "GP2 Middle East open to Europeans/Americans only + a token local"