View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3524780)   #343
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the fact that you can't see it says it all, sir.

ladies and gentlemen, this is what's known as male privilege. it's the inability (or refusal) of menfolk to see, perceive or understand issues that women face, because they are men and not subject to those issues.
See, this is the kind of post (and from a Mod) which doesn't help at all.

it paints men as the enemy, it calls all men ignorant sexists, and worst of all, it ignores the fact that a lot of people posting here, even those that enjoyed the grid girls, do understand what women have and continue to go through.

I have never been physically tortured. Does this mean that I cannot campaign against torture?

By the way, heirarchies exist in every faction of society. People other than women can know oppression.

I don't think anyone in this thread is for the subjugation of women. The differences lie between what different people see as degrading to women, and most of them seem not to be born of ignorance, but simply different outlook.

We need to stop attacking each other. We have different views; that doesn't mean one of us ids right and everyone else is wrong.

Of course, this is just my take on this post. I might have missed the poster's point entirely.

Last edited by Maelochs; 7 Apr 2015 at 18:01.