View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3883326)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, it isn't. And I don't want a grid of 15-20 ORECAs for the same reason. But just because LMP2 is an ORECA-fest, doesn't make GTLM any less of a factory numbers game.

If one was to play devils advocate, then you could argue 4 ORECAs provides more variety than 4 Fords, because at least the ORECAs can be 4 different teams, whilst Fords are the same teams. I'm not 100% convinced by that point of view, but I'm struggling to see why it would be wrong.

The rules don't even allow teams larger than 2, but they don't bother enforcing it beyond the entry name rule. But I genuinely think the entries should be capped at 3 for factory teams, so we don't just get into a financial battle of "who can afford to build up all the spare chassis for Le Mans" and BMW decides they're going to enter 6 BMW M8s.

I'd rather see long term supporters of the series get in. I'm FAR more interested in the JMW Ferrari than another Porsche GTE-Pro entry, and I'm especially more interested in the Keating Ford GT than a third of fourth factory car. Actually, I'd rather see 3-4 DPis in an invitational class come over, rather than just copying and pasting GTE factory cars.