View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1570112)   #13
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondo
Yeah, I think so, just between Ricky and James - tell you what, though, yer man Chad's got a big set of hairy boys down there, he isn't giving up. Seperated shoulder or not, he ran as low as ninth about halfway through Orlando, but battled his way up to fifth by the end. He got third in the second timed practice session tonight, as well. BIG balls, I'm telling you...

But I think it's likely to be between #4 and #7 for the AMA title now - Ricky's got enough of a lead that he can afford to let James win and get second himself for the rest of the year, and still take the AMA title. From what Ricky was saying post-race at Orlando, I don't think he knows how he could match Stewart on pure pace, anyway.

BTW, not sure what this site's opinion on BitTorrent is, but if they're agreeable, I could explain how you could get to watch Daytona...
Definately agree, Chad is tough. I remember seeing him race at the Superdome in Sydney quite a few years back with a broken foot. He could barely walk and was still racing hard and jumping the huge triple.

Last weekend, he looked to be heaps more comfortable than he was the previous week, given that that the shoulder is pretty bad.

Also, for the aussie fans, Burner is consistently getting great starts. Doesn't have the outright pace of RC, James and Reedy, but easily making the main each week.

Ricky's lead looks to big but noone can match James on outright speed. He is amazingly quick. Only a problem for Ricky will give him any chance now, but you never know. Ricky has been making some mistakes. Can't wait for the next round.