View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2542930)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unusual Historic Race/ Rally cars

This weeks MN has a couple of pieces about unusual race/ rally cars & by that i mean that cars that have been brought in to competition that were not really considered to be competition cars in their production days. In this case I am talking about a Ferrai 308GT4 that competed on Tour Britannia and a Porsche 928 that competed on the Tour of Flander rally. I know that both have been used in club motorsport in the past but they were never really mainstream competition cars.

To me its a good thing to have variation but i wonder whether its because historic motorsport has become very popular & yet some historic cars are very expensive & so alternatives must be found. Have modern prep techniques/ developments meant that these sorts of cars are now more (relatively) competitive than they were.

Should cars that were not competition cars in their original time frames be competition cars now?

Discuss!

Personally i think its great to see different cars out.