View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2011, 04:14 (Ref:2832486)   #24
louonline
Racer

louonline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
Aussie Taxpayers are continually paying for politicians and councillors signing off our funds for a photo opportunity. Now we have Bathurst Residents paying for the privilege to promote the Vodafone brand...and people wonder why their rates keep going up when their suburb basically does not progress in any meaningful way.

F1's have been doing lots of testing lately...none of it makes the 30mins of news. Glad I don't have to pay for Vodafone to promote their brand in my back yard.

I hope you are wrong, from what I've read else where, Vodafone put in an application to use the track and last night Bathurst council granted them permission.
There is no mention of Bathurst Council paying Vodafone, though granted the Council will bear some cost in closing the track and making it available.

We will know at the next Council meeting (early March) if money changed hands.

"....Vodafone, which sponsors Lowndes' Triple Eight Racing and Button's McLaren F1 team, has lodged an application with Bathurst Council seeking permission for the one-off event.
The planned swap would be in the lead-up to the Melbourne Grand Prix, to be held on March 24-27."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/dr...-1226000518993
Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly.