View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2890877)   #89
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I hope you are not counting Timo and Romain as "Audi Drivers".
Right, but I think the property lines have blurred over the years! I guess Audi has four full-time factory sports car drivers (and I guess Rockenfeller is preoccupied this year), but Dindo is retiring I guess so they will be down to three. It'll be interesting to see what they do for the WEC. I would have to think that Audi would like to get Timo and Romain's services on a more permanent basis. The drivers of the "red" car are all part-timers and have other racing duties with other companies AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy2happy87 View Post
Thanks for the clarification Arakis! Im asking you to speculate now because well that we do. Will it be a challenge for Gt2 teams to choose between which series to run. Ratel's series and or the WSC. Also will those GT teams have to make major changes to run the WSC from Ratel's? This could be a good problem to have.
The GT2s that will be allowed in the Ratel series will be 2009-spec cars. There may be teams that run both SRO and ACO series (perhaps the LMS if not the WEC), but there really isn't too much overlap between the series as far as I can tell. Perhaps someone else can speculate in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
I am dreaming of a 1000km race at Suzuka if we speak about asian races
That would be awesome, but you might be better off setting your aspirations to Zhuhai or Shanghai! Hopefully Honda, Toyota, and/or Nissan will catch Le Mans fever and demand a Japan race. The way the auto industry is going though even those brands may want to race in China over Japan. Who knows.