View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3746340)   #8702
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
IMSA asks the million of every manufacturers in every class... Except the LMP2 manufacturers.

So, my guess is that Renault would be charged to run the RS01, but Pescarolo and Gintta would get their cars in without it.

It seems to be road car manufacturer = million dollar charge. So Glickenhaus would probably be facing the fee. And I concur, IF a PFV class were in place, they would race the SCG003 in it - they would clearly prefer to run flat out if the option was available, and like the Ginetta G57 the SCG003 can allegedly approach now-old LMP2 speeds. (as can the Ford GT when unrestricted, so an unrestricted GT LM could be seen if a PFV class were to be created)

It's also worth keeping in mind that the manufacturer doesn't have to be the one to pay it up. Ben Keating covered the fee for the Viper and is allegedly putting up at least part of it for the Mercedes. So it might not be an issue - depends on how badly someone would want something in the class.
Why would they get a break? Just because they are an LMP2 like car? They aren't on the list so would be running in the other class, a class that I haven't seen a hint of anywhere other than this thread.