View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3871345)   #80
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just to add my support to the new cars and format. Only thing I’d happily lose is the fan boost.......

As has been said by others, it would be great to see the cars running on a traditional circuit at some point- if only to make a more direct comparison with other single seater racing.
As above - I'd lose the fan boost, lose the "attack mode" Mario Kart ******** and go to proper circuits. The racing was pretty good (and the driver lineup is impressive) but the circuit looked awful (just concrete, fencing and hoardings) - I know 'street circuits' is their thing but surely they can make them look better than that? Also the cars still sound dreadful - it's ok for a bit but by half distance the sound was actually irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Add the fact that BBC are showing the races in the UK, I will be tuning in again when possible.....
That makes it much more watchable - just being able to fire up the iplayer and catch up on the race is great. I'll watch more races - so I guess that's an improvement.