View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3874920)   #94
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
exactly. but then if the tyres were more grippy, would they use more power? is it a bit of a limiting exercise?
Possibly - also I suspect if the tyres were grippier we'd have less overtaking (less grip = longer braking distances + more chance of mistakes).

Quote:
i like the idea of hearing more than just the engine note - see the f1 sound, which is more complex if a bit less satisfying than it used to be.
The sound is a big problem for Formula E (for me anyway ) - really not keen on it (whiny motor + tyre squeal). But I like turbo chatter and anti-lag though so I guess I'm a dinosaur!

Quote:
but it just feels a bit weird to be using those tyres. you can get tons of use out of a well-constructed slick, which is something michelin are pretty good at (eg the formula renault tyre).
Yep the Formula Renault Michelins are pretty good tyres - we've used the F Renault rear tyres on the rally car for track days and they hang on quite well!