View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3986791)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well Marco technically owns the car so he gets to decide. And I think US Concrete wants the track access VIP perks and use of the Andretti name in marketing more than results. As long as his family name is Andretti he'll be in the car.
Yeah, that's the problem; the name. John Andretti will always be my favorite and only likeable one.

That completes my Marco talk for 2020!!

Quote:
NBCSports won't ever change and only get worse because everyone involved tells them how great they are over and over. But when you go from ABC who could not possibly care any less everything is an improvement. RM tells everyone how great NBC is every article and it's getting stale. Yes, they tried harder for Indy and more coverage. But more garbage is still garbage, we just get reminded more often. It's only worth watching in the background as noise, was decent Saturday making sausage with it on. Not full attention and could catch up with the DVR if I needed. But you often have no idea what is going on beyond third unless someone wrecks or has a failure.

In fairness though, the F1 coverage wasn't much better with continued following of the Mercedes late when we knew their consistent running order. Let's see who's chasing and catching them. Rendered unimportant after the final SC but made for a boring bit in the middle.
Everytime I go to the Twitters to complain about ad breaks, I get told to pay for Gold. And I say FU!!

I missed the F1 coverage; do they still have no ad breaks? And is it still the "country syndicated" feed?

It's been for years that TV covers the top 4 or 5 only. You would think they'd figure out a way with all the options at their disposal for expanding it.