View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3986847)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
So it's more or less as I thought. However without results, there is only so much the Andretti name can do, as far as marketing and sponsorship is concerned. We have seen with Williams what happens if the results aren't forth coming, sponsors will leave and go elsewhere

NBC's F1 coverage comes from F1/Liberty itself, so NBC will have no say on what is actually being broadcast.
True, but remember Andretti has a lot of sponsors to spread team costs across for the VIP areas and the small areas of development. And I'm sure US Concrete is getting what they want or they would have left after the last couple years. And they don't pay for the full season, 7 races including Indy is all.

ESPN gets the coverage now and it's whatever Sky Sports runs just rebroadcast here. ESPN gets to put zero effort in under their deal with Liberty Media and Mother's fully funds the air time for the race. They have run a few on ABC without commercial as well. But I think the rate ESPN pays is VERY low and rumored to be a deal so they get first bid on F1 going to pure digital distribution in the US soon and they can make you buy ESPN+ or something similar away from cable