stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
1. Ditch the joker lap.
2. Run on Saturday nights like stock cars to build up public following.
3. End complex class structure.
4. Seed the heats for close racing. Then fastest cars get in the A final, slowest in the Z final. Simple rules that everyone understands.
5. Meetings all year round for clubmen.
I have thought something similar to a couple of your points for a while now.

I think you need to keep a Class structure though, but maybe simplify it. Drivers like to race for trophies at the end of the year!

1. The main area I would like to see tried is the race day format.

Free practice
Timed Qualifying
1st heats - based on qualifying times (mixed classes)
2nd heats - based on times from 1st heats (mixed classes)
3rd heats - based on times from 2nd heats (mixed classes)
Finals - Run in classes with grids determined by total of best two times in the heats.

This way, cars/drivers of similar speeds will always run together through the heats, so from a spectators point of view, the action on track will be much closer. You would also have full grids of cars throughout the heats, which may result in less races being needed, which would also help with event timing issues. Finals run in classes so that class championship points can be awarded.

2. Regarding the joker lap, as a driver I like it. It adds some strategy to the races. But, I can see where it can confuse spectators and on the basis that the above model is to promote closer racing, I'd have to say it needs to be ditched.

3. I'd also like to see a much better championship website that isn't so biased to just one or two Supercar drivers. One that has regular updates and maybe has features on drivers throughout ALL classes.