View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4078129)   #5741
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
New chassis?? I don't believe they've done anything with the chassis in a few years outside of the aeroscreen addition. Now the shock packages, and other tweakable bits, have changed and will always change as it is the big development area. Maybe he does not like the development path but he has been consistently behind the rest of the Penske pack for the last couple seasons. Although it may be their development cause the results don't seem to be as consistent across the team either.
Aero kits and previous design of the chassis, up to 2017. 2018 to present is universal kit with new design features (may just be cosmetic differences, to be fair, but the aero kits were for sure different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He won the championship in 2016, driving the DW12 with the Chevy aero-kit and won the 500 in 2019, driving the DW12 with the current aero-kit UAK18, or Universal Aero Kit 2018, pre the introduction of Red Bull Advanced Technologies Aeroscreen in 2020.
Right, so maybe he has struggled with the newer cars, without aero packages and new design. I was just trying to make sense of how he didn't adapt to how penske built their cars, after seemingly adapting just fine, prior to that. If I remember correctly, he was top 3 or so in points the year after winning the championship, which would have been 2017, last year of older version of chassis and aero kits. 2018 brings new cars, and maybe he didn't adapt to that as well?