View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2018, 03:02 (Ref:3853701)   #488
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Even if the Fuji thing was a contingency, I'm still glad to see it. There's no need for everyone else to use the F1 layout, just because it's the F1 layout. Actually, I think the configuration they used is called "Fuji GT".

I'll have to see what I might be able to catch. Geo-blocking has kept me out of following the details nearly as closely for a while now.

As for the series feeling kind of "meh" overall, well, for my part, the tracks visited by the Sprint Cup that I genuinely want to see the cars at would be Brands Hatch and Zolder; I suppose Nurburgring is okay. With the Endurance Cup, it's Monza and Spa, and Paul Ricard is alright. So it's not really any better in that area than the Asian branch, where I like these cars at Sepang, Buriram, and Suzuka, and am at least curious about Ningbo this year.

As for the three sprint series in 2019, as long as the car selection over here is good, I think it will be a most excellent season, and hopefully they won't be having to use the IndyCar layout at Sonoma anymore.