Thread: 2021 Race Dates
View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4037949)   #102
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I see that HRDC who were to run a meeting at Castle Combe on 5 April, reprising the races abandoned because of torrential downpour last year, have now decided that to comply with the Government guidance on travel, it will be deferred to 30 August. Apparently CCRC are still running their local championship events on 5 April.
Britcar have moved two meetings as well. And as said, all because of the inability to stay overnight until 12 April. It does make things difficult. I am not entering Oulton Park on 10 April because: would prefer to travel up the day before and stay over and also feel as though I need to test/ track day there before hand having not sat in any race car since July last year (between lockdowns anyway) but all Oulton days are full.

I would have expected a statement from MSV or MSUK by now to say whether overnight stays at the circuit are actually available/ allowed or not. My understanding from govt advice is that we shouldn’t be staying overnight so it will be interesting to see how many entrants there are that weekend and whether people try to “push the boundaries”!