Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 14 May 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3733338)   #2592
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never said they were poor. I just don't think they'd have those seats if Toyota were replaced with, random choice here, SEAT. Or Jaguar. Or Renault. Or Volvo (I'd love a Volvo prototype). I think some of the Toyota drivers would, but certainly some would not even be considered. There are many current prototype drivers who'd be in those seats if nationality was not considered. There are thousands of examples of someone beating someone else in a lower class or discipline that doesn't translate to the upper classes, otherwise I'm going to use that argument to say Paul Di Resta would be F1 champion. Taking single seater drivers, touring car drivers, and even drivers they dropped before, when there's a raft of sports car drivers and experience about is an odd choice. Well, not odd because it's exactly what you expect Toyota to do given history, but IMO it isn't the best choice.

DPi drivers should be considered for those drives. (Still trying desperately to keep this clinging to the original question).