Thread: E-Type photos
View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1488653)   #1
Mickey Finn
Rookie

Mickey Finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E-Type photos

Hi, I'm asking this on behalf of my old man (no pun intended) Tony Shaw. He raced in the 60's and 70's in E-types, Capris and a Chevvie Camero. We've been on ten tenths before to find out some times for him from a Touring car race in the 70's but now I'd like to know if any of you very knowledgable chaps who helped us out with that then might have photos from the Chevron oils Production sports car champs in the 60's / 70's. It would be great to let him have some more photos so he can continue to tell me how good he was and how many times he beat Warren Pearce, John Quick, Shaun Jackson and the rest!!!... I've managed to get some Autosports and books and over the years on E-types, one that cost me an arm and a leg actually but he's running out of stories and I reckon I've heard them all! If anyone remembers him and maybe has a few stories that would be good also as I get the impression he was a bit of a tearaway!

Anyway your help would be much appreciated as I've got to spend Christmas listening to racing stories and I get enuff racin everyday thanks! Cheers and merry Christmas, Tony Shaw (jnr) Manor Motorsport