View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3189907)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my audi s3 is a good compramise - you do still feel the road in the steering but it's not overpowering, the rest of the feel comes through the suspension. that thing is my guardian angel in the snow, it's on summer tyres and i spent the best part of monday driving around in slush and fresh snow 2 inches deep at least and it was rock solid. my previous bmw would have been all over the show, that was like driving drunk in cold weather.

in terms of the smaller more common euro cars, the best fun i've had in one was a ford ka, one of the old body shape ones. a bit spartan inside but superb for chucking around mountain single track roads. really responsive steering, very easy to judge the size and no comedy understeer. unlike the new fiat 500 that i took on the same road last year and just didn't trust at all.

dave, being fair the euro cars you've driven are mostly handbags except for the ds3, the spam cans are a bit more serious