View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2006, 04:47 (Ref:1569720)   #255
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
T2M have been regulars in the LMES for the past two years and did also participate in some of the recent Le Mans 24h. Considering this, they deserve more an entry like i.e. the entry of Icer Brakes or IMSA Performance, which might be a French team, but no LMS regular in past two seasons. Furthermore I think the T2M principal, Mr Kaneko is somehow involved in Japanese ACO operations.
Your last line hit the name on the head. While I agree that T2M have been mostly regular LM and LMES contestants until Xavier so dramatically wrapped their old RS around a tree, they have never shown much pace or hope of being competitive, except maybe Robin Liddell with the strange gearbox at Silverstone 2004. Furthermore, they still seem to be entering an RS chassis which can scarcely be called state of the art these days.

Icer Brakes doubtless got the entry because of pace at the test days and the fact that they are one of the few teams entering the 430 which is a real victory threat and provides diversity. IMSA Performance was utterly dominant in FFSA-GT last year, showed surprising pace at last year's 24 Hours (way more than T2M) and has managed to secure the services of Bouchut for the LMS. I will still stand by my point that I'd rather see these 2 teams at LM than T2M, by far. I appreciate the effort the latter puts in, but results need to come at some point.