View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2011, 20:29 (Ref:2951838)   #28
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Yeah, I'm afraid all my initial enthusiasm for Randy has gone. This idea was always stupid, even if Ganassi or Penske were to run an IndyCar rookie, the chances of them winning were so remote that there was no real excitement in this "challenge".

Plus you don't go around putting people with no open wheel experience straight out on an oval, with presumably minimal testing beforehand. It's plain dangerous and reminiscent of the old IRL. That kind of gimmick should be reserved for safe tin-tops like the Toyota guest race at Long Beach.

Plus Randy's vocal support for Brian Barnhart, and the fact that hideous new car was created under his stewardship. He openly admits he came into this not knowing a thing about the sport, but where he failed was listening to the same old IRL people rather than those who truly understand what made AOWR great in the fading past.

Bernard, Barnhart and Cotman, they should all take a running jump.
I agree, I am starting to lose confidence in Randy. I really thought he could be the man who could single-handedly save Open Wheel racing in the United States, but it appears he is just another Heitzler, Pook, George or Kalkhoven.