View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3908051)   #2110
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I have the same problem with F1 and why the status quo has been preserved there. The teams have too much power in F1, when the FIA should be in charge.

Same issue here. OEMs/factory teams have too much power in LMP1, even when Audi and Porsche were around, especially from 2014 on. That's why the privateers got stiffed in the first place.

That's part of the reason I'm gravitating more towards GTE, where it seems that the stint length rule has been abolished. That, and the GTE and even most GT3 cars now remind me of JGTC/Super GT cars when they still ran production unit body chassis, especially the 1999-2002 GT500s.

Also gives meat to a Porsche Motorsport rep's statement from 2017 that said that LM is all that matters and the rest of the WEC is largely irrelevant.