Thread: Nikita Mazepin
View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2020, 23:07 (Ref:4021845)   #37
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It isn’t hypocritical to stand up for one issue but not mention others. Otherwise every single person is a hypocrite if they’ve stood up for one thing and not another. I’ve joined campaigns for women’s rights but haven’t taken a knee yet. Am I a hypocrite? Of course not.

Vettel quieter on his activism. That’s amazing. He’s participated in every F1 protest, stood side by side with Lewis, taken the knee, given countless interviews on SkyTV about it, and despite not using social media much, has posted about it on Instagram, painted his helmets in designs to highlight it, and auctioned them off for charity. But yeah. He’s kinda quiet about it I suppose. Seems people are more sensitive to Lewis kneecaps than anyone else’s. Wonder why. BRB. Beating around some garden shrubbery.
I'll take your word for it that vettel is just as outspoken, even if I haven't heard a word about it other than a couple comments in passing about his helmet or posts on here, while I hear it straight from lewis or see it in what he wears when he knows he's in front of a camera, and see many more quotes of his. Again, I attribute a lot of this to his popularity and success. If vettel was the face of the sport, he'd be just as annoying if he was doing the same stuff.

But keep "wondering why". Just your version of "location checks out" to stick to people.

.....Which I guess I had coming since I have used that many times...

Edit: back to the topic, why does mazepin get a second chance or still get a chance for actually committing a despicable act, when ferrucci is still vilified mostly for words? (Their on track antics sound similar, so I'm figuring those as equally bad for both).