Thread: Multi 21 Sir Lewis
View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2020, 22:19 (Ref:4026161)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Disclaimer: Im not a Hamilton hater... but I'm not a fanboy either.
Me neither. Shame we have to say so before we post.
Quote:
I do have issue with the Knighthood, coming after 7 world titles.... namely it comes when he equals someone (Schumacher) surely if he is to be honoured for motor sporting achievement it should be either at he end of his career or on surpassing the record number of world championships ?
Jackie didn’t need to! Although as you said he wasn’t competing.

Doesn’t matter though. A lot get it when still competing, nothing in the rules saying you can’t.

Quote:
What honour do they bestow when (rather than if given he's still driving the Mercedes next season) he get the 8th title ?
They don’t need to give him anything else! It’s not that the rules say you get a knighthood for 7 and then...

Different times, but the main reason, say, Jim Clark OBE and Graham Hill OBE aren’t knights is that the sadly weren’t with us long enough. Maybe they would have been.