Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstock View Post
thanks mark

thank you for your constructive comments .i have followed your teams
and know your exploits well.
that's why your comments mean a lot to me.
my comments were directed more at what the sport had become
..it was never about money or overwise.
as I have followed the summer series since 1980 and have been to most circuits in NZ including the old baypark

went to all the wellington street races ,

was involved in some of the nzv8s at sponsorship level through companys I was employed at.

that's why I was questioning what had become of something I am/was so passionate about

but hopefully the series prospers again.

I will certainly be at manfeild.
Hi Superstock,

Well I am pleased to be able to report that apart from the inclement weather which added another element to the weekend racing that there was some good racing over the weekend, and in particular the reverse grid last race which was won by Simon Evans with action a plenty. Andre Heimgartner showed he is a class act and won the first race by a country mile, however's Evan's matched his pace in race two.

Bargwanna, was at the sharp end all weekend, other than in qualifying, were the car suffered from a bad engine misfire issue, his now Camry sporting an outrageous new rear wing which was run at such a steep angle that it hurt his straight line speed, but made his car significantly better under braking, and off the corners.

The wet conditions made it very difficult to analyze the so called aero parity adjustments made to the TLX cars since Hamton Downs, however, Tom Alexander was adament that the Supertourer rear wing was a big help in getting his TLX car closer to Bargwanna's pace, but it was very obvious that the two Ls3 powered TLX Commodore's lacked straight line grunt compared to Nick Ross's Nissan.

Hopefully the weather is kinder to the competitors at Invercargill, and that a better assessment of the technical changes made to the TLX car's be made.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 17 Jan 2016 at 18:25.