Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3818400)   #347
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is few days old but just noticed, they might be somewhat worried about power output

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...1-spa-1030625/

"I'm quietly confident that the car, especially in the corners, is extremely competitive. The power package, we still have to see if that's quite good enough."

Asked to elaborate on his remark about straightline speed, however, Rowland said he was confident that engine supplier Mecachrome would make progress as the campaign unfolded.

--

"It just feels lacking a little bit at the moment, but we were running it quite safe," he said. "I think there's also different parameters to do with the fuel flow that require a little bit of tuning.

"So far Mecachrome have been really supportive, they're doing a good job and I'm sure it will be there at some point. It's just whether it's there straight away."

Manor refused to comment on its Prologue straightline speed deficit when contacted by Motorsport.com.