View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2020, 11:26 (Ref:3959979)   #617
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Glad you’ve all worked out what adblu is and what it does! I’ve lived with an adblu Merc van for over 3 years, and it really isn’t a big deal. It has a separate gauge that is accessed via the settings menu, and warns when down to 1/4 full. The filler is next to the diesel one, well marked and a different nozzle size (smaller).

I am lucky that my Euro 4 truck was one of the last made not requiring adblu. It did influence my choice! As commented, all truck pump services now have an adblu one next to the diesel one, so one can replenish both at the same time if required. Apart from the extra running cost, most adblu trucks had smaller diesel tanks to accommodate the separate additive one, but they may be engineering round that now.

I do know car owners that weren’t even aware their new wheels required the stuff. One in particular had to have it pointed out to him by his wife....

It is now quite a few years since I was driving trucks for work , & then only when the equipment I delivered was large or heavy .
So I might have driven 3 or 4 different trucks a month .
Vaguely I remember that some of them had Ad blu , some did not .
But there was also winter additive to go in sometimes . It used to be that a lot of southern European fuel stations did not use winter diesel through most of the year . So a tankful from Spain would need Winter Additive if you were then going very far North .
So never easy to remember everything , especially when it might be a vehicle you have never driven before , & then only use that one for a few days .