View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1776821)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeline-fire
Hi

Yes it is the same. Tom used to fabricate the chassis of all of the Maguire cars, they were all brazed by hand on a flat table. Tom would then drive the latest car usually to great effect, he also shared by Dads Golf in the TT at Silverstone in the early 80s winning the class.
Tom is still around these days running a very quick BMW in Britcar for David Leslie as well as a few historics. We ran David at Maguires in the Celnett Superprix at Brands Hatch, he shared James Sheads Ralt RT30 and went very well in it. John ran F3 cars for two years in 86 and 87 for James Shead, Mike Donovan, Pete Richings and John Hotchkis..who is now a partner in Red Line Oil Europe with me.

Jim
Great stuff!

Blimey yes I'd forgotten about the F3 efforts! How versatile was John's operation??!!

One of the F3 cars was backed by ACCO Controls or something, one of the Directors, either Donovan or Richings drove it didn't they?