View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2002, 20:50 (Ref:334499)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went on the Saturday only and I agree with you that the visitor numbers were up on normal for this day. Perhaps it is because of the fickle British weather...you can just turn up on the Sat and buy a ticket on the gate ( unlike Sunday). With a glorious weekend forecast many people probably decided to go at the last minute?
The dragster burnouts were good but these were only 'baby' dragsters ( despite having 11 litre engines and 2000bhp ) . Hope they get a top fueller for a demo next year - 6000bhp and louder than any car you have ever heard!
If you have not been to the September Goodwood Revival at the circuit just down the road from the house - GO!!! Far better than the Festival in my opinion. You have to pinch yourself that you have not gone back in a time machine.
The best historic race meeting by far - real cars in a real setting.