View Single Post
Old 28 May 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3825189)   #478
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Really? To me it seemed ridiculous they were even considering not running.
To race, you need a car, and with the investigation into the accident ongoing, no spare, an SMP BR1 badly damaged and potentially in need of tub repair or replacement (although I think they have a spare), Dallara needing to fit a new build into their schedule etc etc, my gut feeling was that the time frame was simply too tight for them to return in LMP1 for Le Mans. Absolutely delighted that I was wrong!

Not a subject for this thread, but I'm wondering what financial arrangement needed to be reached before the replacement car went into build, in terms of who (suppliers/team) is incurring the cost of what.