View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2000, 17:48 (Ref:40816)   #8
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Liz.

I spent some pennies at a few local bookshops today.

Damon Hill - My Championship Year by er... Damon Hill

Behind the scenes With Benetton formula by Chris Bennett

Pole Position - The Inside Story of Williams-Renault by Jon Nicholson and Maurice Hamilton

Racing Stewart - The Birth of a Grand Prix Team by Maurice Hamilton and Jon Nicholson

All are secondhand (or is that preread? ) but in good condition. The four cost me an average of £14.24 each. A bit pricey?

Couldn't find any of those recommended here though, so I'll have to buy those new...

I'll let you know how good they are once digested!

(They look good from the pictures... )

I did see one other while I was looking. Called "Five days of a Grand Prix" (Or something similar) by Nicholson and Parsons, it tells of the view of the Formula 1 Circus from the eyes of the locals, in this case, Monza (I think)

I didn't realize that poor local people gain access to the track after the race just to sift through the rubbish (One photo looked like a snapshot of what the holocaust might look like; Sooo much rubbish...) just to find food, money or even forgotten posessions or supporter paraphernalia which can be sold later.

I'm sure I thoght it could happen, just never told it did. Quite sad... A fascinating book, but I ran out of Groats.