View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4107508)   #2197
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Horner is warning of freight delays affecting F1 later in the year, because of global supply chain issues and widespread freight delays, as well as freight costs doubling, due to the repercussions of Covid-19 and the Ukraine war.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...rner/10085451/
I saw that. I had not really thought about it, but to a degree F1 also operates using JIT (Just in time) supply chain/logistics. In that the entire circus shows up at each circuit and probably bring most everything with it for the core event itself (cars, equipment, staff). With supply chain issues (and shipping being one area that has issues), I can imagine we may see issues as he calls out.

No doubt logistic experts are working to prevent this, but outside of stretching the calendar out to give more time between events held geographically far apart, I am not sure what all can be done? Its not like there is a luxury of being able to pre-stage stuff (such as teams have 2x of everything and they leapfrog events) as that would be crazy expensive.

Richard