View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3631070)   #41
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
So, £42 for a ticket, do you guys have any guess of how many attended the event on previous years? I guess BRDC(they are the Silverstone owners, or administrators, right?) and FIA/ACO gather quite some money there.
It's always struck me as what I'd define as 'slightly pricey', in that it's more than Spa and compared to a Le Mans General Admission doesn't provide quite as much bang per buck - but it's not bad at all.

Comparing it to other entertainment forms I generally figure if a gig is less than £20 I'll probably go, £20-£30 I'll consider going, and over £30 I probably won't, but Silverstone is but once a year and it's a nice weekend away - and with it having the ELMS on the Saturday (which often is a better race if we're being honest) you can't really grumble.

In terms of crowds I'm hopeless at estimating numbers like that, but it's been growing over the years - be interested to see what the turnout is like this time round.