View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3926563)   #24
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually the above Slim Borgudd / Abba trivia sparked a question with me for some of you more knowlegeable than me types.

In terms of one off / odd F1 sponsors what was the association between Sauber and Chelsea FC. Chelsea logos appeared on the Saubers of Kobyashi and Perez in 2012 for a short time....

Edit: I found this which seems to suggest normal financial sponsorship deal based on exposure in new markets.
Quote:
A statement from Sauber said, "The football club benefits from Formula One's television reach which, compared with the Premier League, is much higher and more international.

"Particularly in Asia, Formula One enjoys enormous TV presence and, not least thanks to Sergio Perez (Sauber's Mexican lead driver), is currently captivating more and more fans in Latin America, as well."

The deal explains some of the wording that adorned the Sauber car in previous rounds, as the car's engine cover featured phrases "Out of the Blue" and "True Blue" at the Grands Prix in China and Bahrain.