View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3805865)   #5
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain's asked me to post a copy of the latest Formula Atlantic email here...

Good morning Atlantic owners,

First of all, can I ask if anyone has any objection to Alan and me setting up a Formula Atlantic register, using owner’s contact details and exchanging these details with other registered drivers?

Alan and I had another meeting with Grahame White at Race Retro last week. Grahame and the HSCC are very enthusiastic about this plan to have some stand-alone races in 2019 following our pilot race with the DBT at the Legends of Brands Hatch Superprix in July. Grahame has agreed that we can have a separate podium presentation for the Atlantic drivers and that we can also have space in the paddock for a display and some hospitality. We have had a fantastic response and not a week has gone by without me being contacted by owners who have cars. If you think you know of anyone with a car please let us know in case we have missed them.

I know from my own experience that racing in Derek Bell Trophy races can be frustrating but I must urge you all to enter this race at Brands Hatch if you possibly can as it will be our best chance to show the HSCC that we mean business with the plan to have our own races. There are over 15 drivers who have expressed an interest in racing at Brands and we know there are more owners out there that have not contacted us.

That’s about it for the time being - we will send out another email with an update during April.

Best regards Iain and Alan.