View Single Post
Old 21 May 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3823771)   #14
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was also spectating at Chariles on both days, great meeting, great weather.

The only bad part was Nelson Rowe's accident in Sundays Formula Ford race,
I did't see the start of the incident,( I picked that momment to change lens on my camara) first I saw there was a car rolling end over end towards me landing upsidedown on the grass with flames around the fuel tank.
There were 2 flag marshal at each of the three post I could see, but no fire or incident marshals, the Race rescue unit was parked by the Charlies out marshals post & could't drive the wrong way on a still live circiit any more than a flag marshal on the inside of Charlies should run across the circuit carrying an extinguisher. (memories of Tom Pryce come to mind)

Thanks to Callum Grant & two spectators the car was rolled over & Nelson helped out of the remains of his Crossle, & was soon able to walk to the Ambulance.

I noticed that for the rest of the meeting a marshal was posted on the bank on the outside of Charlies. To little to late, I think they need two incident/fire marshals there at all times, they may do nothing all day but get a sun tan but I don't want to see spectators having to go to the aid of a trapped drive again.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve