View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3926321)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Slightly off topic, (mods feel free to move elsewhere)but after last weekend at Spa.... As this relates to track/ runoff hazards that the F1 cars will face this weekend, I posted here
This huge crash in this morning's F3 Monza race just did not look right..... no kerb should ever launch a car like this. Especially at Parabolica given the speeds they are travelling.

Peroni hit a curb in the asphalt run-off at the exit of the Parabolica and was launched high into the air before landing upside-down on the barriers. He was bloody lucky not to have been injured the way it landed on the barriers. Fortunately Peroni walked to the meds under his own stem.
(I know he is an Aussie driver, but we dont normally drive round upside down!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n7Z4L7XB_Y

Edit: A friend of mine actually there today at Monza says the sausage kerb responsible is being removed at this moment. 10 minute delay for P3 start as a result.

Last edited by E.B; 7 Sep 2019 at 10:18.