Thread: 24H Series
View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2020, 09:55 (Ref:3951149)   #97
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I agree on impact protection such as knee pads, but fire protection isn’t really required. Refuelling does not happen in the pit lane at Creventic events. They have separate shared pumps for those. It keeps costs much lower.
The refuelling setup is wonderful: there is literally a petrol station at the end of the pit lane. Pumps exactly like those at a roadside station. Cars pull up both sides, mechanics fill up, off they go. The amount is recorded and I assume the teams get a bill at the end of the event! The flow rate is also what you get at a roadside station so it can be very slow. Seeing growling, chuntering, low-slung GT3s idling at the pump is delightfully incongruous.